How to teach children to dress themselves: The Ultimate Guide
Parents’ lives are not so easy as we generally assume to. But difficulties are the root cause of learning. Not only children are taught new things, but parents are also growing once more with their little tasks by themselves. These little chipmunks let you perceive the world in a completely new dimension. So let us learn together how these kids are taught to dress their little shoulder up!
Getting your kid’s clothing has many benefits for both parents and their children. They will start becoming punctual when attending school, they will enjoy the flavor of dressing beautifully. It will be making them responsive and disciplined. Also, it will be fun during the procedure.
While it may be frustrating to see they needed longer to wear their clothes but enjoy the way he is learning to do. Let’s gets started with some tips for this:
Guide to teach children to dress themselves :
- Do not prefer at first jeans or pants to be worn with belts because it can be harder for him to tackle at the beginning. So go for elastic pants.
- Always dress up with them. Kids love to copy what elders do. This is the simplest way to encourage them.
- Always give them a mirror this will give them more enthusiasm.
- Do make them practice when both of you are not in hurry.
- Make your child sit down at a comfortable level to dress up whether wearing pants, shoes, or any other kinds of garments. This will help in making the body balanced during dressing up.
- Teach them to stretch their hands while wearing shirts these will also level up their confidence.
- As the child grows she will be learning to button serially, but initially let them button in misplaced order then unbutton, this will give them scope to learn.
- In the beginning, do not give them choices to make, the parents should make choices for them to wear the desired outfit. Kids’ clothes can be arranged in front of them in prior.
- Let them understand the difference between front and back. Point to them as the buttons are always at the front and tag at the back.
- Also, encourage them to remove clothes during bath time or sleep. Though it is easier to encourage them to rearrange the clothes as much as possible. This will also teach them discipline.
- Easy shoes like toddlers or slip-on shoes to be worn.
- Give them easy pullovers to be worn that help the neck to be easy for them during dressing.
- Give them some interesting images or videos showing the same activities done by kids to give them an interest in this task.
- Make rhymes or songs for them to understand the order of what goes after which.
- While wearing shocks, if he makes mistakes while wearing in the wrong leg let him learn from his mistakes, even we all did the same. For longer socks teach them to roll that first then wear them to make their task easier.
- Offer their favorite garment 3 times a week to make them eager to wear it by themselves.
- For children with some functional disability they take a longer time to cope with the process, for them you can also consult with the child therapist who can help them better to adopt the things slowly but easily.
- Do not completely leave your child alone during clothing. Stay nearby to keep a watch about their difficulties if any or about their signs of progress.
- For additional information look for tutorial videos on kids’ clothes online platforms.
- If you are passionate about kids’ designer clothes, then first train them to wear them one by one with maintaining delicacy. It is because designer baby clothes required good maintenance as well during it is being worn.
These are the primary tips to make your child’s first stage ready for dressing up. The most important learning of the parents in this whole process is patience.
Parenting is Precious!
Don't forget enjoy the little moments with your child which may never come back again. These precious little things are always priceless, indeed!
You may also like to read: How to Store & Organize Kid's Clothing